Resources for Professionals in Behavioral Mental Health
King County Guide for Employers (download pdf, 44 pages)
VTSC Promising Best Practices (download pdf, 99 pages)
VTSC Veterans Resource Guide (download pdf, 199 pages)
Traumatic Brain Injury
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Raising Awareness about PTSD: A Resource Guide
- Tips for Accommodating Traumatic Brain Injury, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder on Campus (American Council on Education)
- “Accommodating Veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms in the Academic Setting” by Noreen M. Glover-Graf, Rh.D.; Eva Miller, Ph.D.; Samuel Freeman, Ph.D. (Research Brief, Syracuse University, Institute for Veterans and Military Families)
- Tick, E. (2005). War and the soul. Wheaton, Il: Quest Books.
- Sloane, L. B., & Friedman, M. J., (2008). After the war zone: a practical guide for returning troops and their families. Philadelphia, PA: De Capo Press.
- PTSD 101 Courses: Home
- Once a Warrior, Always a Warrior: Navigating the Transition from Combat to Home by Charles W. Hoge (Guilford: Globe Pequot Press, 2010)
- Souls under Siege: The Effects of Multiple Troop Deployments – And How to Weather the Storm by Bridget C. Cantrell (Bellingham: Hearts Toward Home International, 2009)
- Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs – Behavioral Health Program and Veteran Resources
- PTSD/War Trauma Outpatient Counseling Program Providers List
- Courses in PTSD - Civilian Provider Education
- AboutFace. Learn about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) from Veterans who live with it every day. Hear their stories. Find out how treatment turned their lives around.