From: June 15, 2018 at 9:00am to: 4:00pm
Details: For veterans and those who support veterans (whether family members, caretakers, or service providers), we offer this Posttraumatic Growth workshop to create the possibility of a deeper understanding of trauma and the possibility of growth from trauma. The training explores Posttraumatic Growth - which is not focused on diagnoses and labeling, but instead is focused on how to empower people to move beyond difficult situations. This is appropriate for anyone who has experienced challenging and stressful events due to military service.
Objectives: Understand about the possibility of transformation from trauma to growth Learn about the research on Posttraumatic Growth Discuss common helpful strategies that facilitate growth Learn about developing a “Plan of Practice” regarding personal growth Discuss what works and what doesn’t when dealing with trauma Learn about self-care techniques
Cost: No Cost!
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144