From: April 27, 2018 at 1:00pm to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Eric Ström, JD, MA. LMHC
****This event was rescheduled from its previous date of February 16th.*****
The laws, regulations, and policies regarding the legal use of marijuana can cannabis are rapidly changing. Among the general public, there are many misperceptions and misunderstandings of the current rules. In this workshop we will examine Washington State and Federal legal standards regarding legal use of cannabis. We will also discuss legal and ethical issues relating to the use of cannabis by clinicians. Participants will gain increased understanding of the current laws regarding cannabis use to best support their veteran clients. This course is intended to meet ethics CEU requirements.
Training for Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals: This workshop is open to professionals who are licensed or have mental and behavioral health-related graduate level degrees. Students in a mental or behavioral health program may also participate in this training. Exceptions may be made after receiving permission from the training manager/director. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information.
- Gain an understanding of Federal and Washington State cannabis laws
- Analyze the interaction between Federal and State Controlled Substance laws
- Apply Federal and State Controlled Substance laws to decision making as a credentialed healthcare provider
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
The Veterans Training Support Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. VTSC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.