From: December 1, 2017 at 9:00am to: 12:00pm
Trainer(s): M.J. Mariano, Ph.D
Details: The training would present information about women veterans, including demographic characteristics, common clinical problems, and experiences during military service and civilian life that may bear of these clinical issues. Gender-specific care issues and the importance of trauma-sensitivity will be addressed. Somatic distress among women veterans and strategies for addressing these problems will be highlighted.
1) Identify at least 1 demographic difference between male and female Veterans.
2) Describe 2 or more stressors commonly experienced by women during military service.
3) List 2 or more problems commonly presented to mental health providers by women Veterans.
4) Recognize possible intersections of psychosocial and somatic issues for women Veterans.
5) Describe elements of an integrative approach to somatic distress.
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.