Location: Renton Library
100 Mill Avenue S.
Renton, WA, 98057
map | directions
From: October 13, 2017 at 10:30am to: 3:30pm
Trainer(s): Kimberly Hardy, LMHC
Mindfulness is a hot topic in wellness in today’s day and age. Recent research is showing that a mindfulness meditation practice of just 5 minutes a day can alleviate symptomology of mental, behavioral, developmental, and physical conditions; as well as acting as a preventative measure for other conditions, such as the flu. Other benefits of a regular mindfulness practice include resilience, increased awareness, emotional intelligence, improved focus, decision making and productivity. This 4 hour training is designed to provide attendees with practical methods to incorporate mindfulness into daily work and self-care.
Although suitable for anybody, this training is intended for educators, human services providers, and volunteers.
- Define the basics of mindfulness
- Describe ways in which mindfulness affects both neurological and biological systems
- Participate in experiential practices of mindfulness
- Learn techniques for navigating emotions or thoughts during mindfulness
- Develop a plan to incorporate mindfulness into your work and/or self-care
Parking: Parking Available On-Site
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.