Location: Bethaday Community Learning Space
605 SW 108th St
Seattle, WA 98146
map | directions
From: November 2, 2017 at 8:00am to: Friday, November 3, 2017 at 12:30pm
Trainer(s): Conference Speakers & Presenters
Veterans Training Support Center is proud to announce the first-of-its-kind two-day conference for service providers, educators, veterans, and their families. Service providers and educators will gain the knowledge and tools to connect Veterans to resources applicable to them. Veterans and their family members will learn all of the practical information that TAPS (TGPS) did not deliver.
The purpose of the conference is to provide relevant professional development for providers, as well as current resources and processes for Veterans and their families. This conference has unique breakout sessions developed for providers & educators, Veterans & their families, as well as sessions suitable for all. The conference features 15 workshops topics.
Conference sessions include:
- Inclusive Therapy and Multi-Cultural Counseling, Chalon Ervin, PsyD
- TBI, Dan Overton, LMHC Washington Dept. of Veteran Affairs
- Getting Grounded with Ecotherapy, Jeremy Grisham of Washington Dept. of Veteran Affairs
- PTSD and Post Traumatic Growth, Mark Fischer, MA, of the Regional Education & Training Center
- Dependable Strengths, Allen Boivin-Brown, MA, of The Center for Dependable Strengths
- Military Culture 101, Ryan McAfee, LMSW, of the Dept. of Veteran Affairs
- LGBTQ+ Veteran Care Katy McDermott, RN, Dept. of Veteran Affairs
- The Americans with Disabilities Act, Miranda Levy, MA, CRC Northwest ADA Center / UW
- The Down and Dirty of Disability Claims, Wounded Warrior Project
- Securing the Foundation for Your VA Home Loan, Gary Cashman of Wounded Warrior Project
We Can Use Your Help at the Conference: Click Here to sign up to help with set-up, registration, Q&A mics, tear down, and roving.
Space is limited! Online registration closes midnight, Monday, October 30th.
Keynote sponsor for this event: Wounded Warrior Project
Cost: Vets and their families: FREE, Providers: $50 for 9.5 CEs
Parking: Parking available on-site
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.