From: April 21, 2017 at 9:00am to: 12:00pm
Trainer(s): Chalon L. Ervin, Psy.D.
Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can be a chronic and debilitating mental disorder that affects a substantial amount of individuals exposed to trauma. The Goal of this workshop is to increase knowledge, awareness, and understanding of PTSD and the associated psychosocial stressors. The workshop will address the signs and symptoms associated with trauma and PTSD. Additionally, comorbid diagnoses, assessment and the application of relevant treatments and behavioral strategies used in the treatment of trauma and PTSD will be discussed. The workshop will include theory and experiential skills-based learning.
Training for Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals: This workshop is open to professionals with mental and behavioral health-related graduate degrees, physicians, and psychologists, social services specialists and those professionals who are qualified for membership in, or are members of their respective professional organizations. Graduate students in a mental or behavioral health program may also participate in this training.
- Participants will understand what PTSD is, what makes it better, and what makes it worse.
- Participants will be able to explore the etiological foundations of PTSD in order to enhance the understanding of core features and mechanisms involved in the development and maintenance of the disorder.
- Participants will be familiar with the physical, emotional, psychological and behavioral symptoms normally associated with trauma and PTSD.
- Participants will better understand the treatment approaches for PTSD.
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.