From: April 21, 2017 at 1:00pm to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Kimberly Hardy, LMHC
During this half-day training participants will learn about some of the current ideas about post-traumatic growth (PTG) as it relates to post-traumatic stress. We will briefly go over some of the more prominent research, and spend most of our time looking at how growth can occur in spite of difficulty or trauma. We will utilize case examples to apply factors commonly associated with PTG.
This training is geared towards mental and behavioral health providers, including social service specialists and case managers.
- Review traumas associated with military service
- Understand PTG as it relates to post-traumatic stress
- Familiarization with some of the more prominent research about PTG
- Differentiate between PTG & resilience
- Examine applicability of PTG in your current practice
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.