From: May 5, 2017 at 1:00pm to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Sara Smucker Barnwell, Ph.D.
How can I talk to my clients about PTSD? What types of therapies are best suited to treat PTSD? Do clients get better? This 3-hour workshop provides introductory guidance to clinicians diagnosing and treating clients with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The workshop presenter will focus on diagnostic criteria, an overview of evidence-based treatment options, and how to educate clients regarding the diagnosis. Special emphasis is given to the treatment of military trauma.
From an interactive base, the presenter provides practical demonstrations of the objectives through the utilization of technological media within an interactive attendee-centered PowerPoint presentation style
- Identify the 8 diagnostic criteria associated with PTSD in DSM 5
- Identify 3 evidence based therapies demonstrated to treat PTSD.
- Identify 3 resources in the community for active military and Veterans with PTSD.
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.