Location: Shoreline Conference Center
18560 1st Ave NE
Shoreline, WA 98155
map | directions
From: April 17, 2017 at 1:00pm to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Kimberly Hardy, LMHC
This 3-hour workshop provides guidance to social service providers interested in learning about mindfulness and its practical applications. This introductory workshop will address core principles such as the basics of mindfulness, a general review of therapeutic modalities which utilize mindfulness, and practical examples of how mindfulness may be incorporated into clinical work. Attendees will be asked to participate in several mindfulness exercises with the goal of replicating these exercises in their own practice or self-care.
The presenter will provide practical demonstrations of the objectives through the utilization of PowerPoint and attendee participation in mindfulness exercises.
- Define mindfulness
- Identify three client populations that could benefit from using mindfulness practices
- Identify three popular therapies that rely heavily on mindfulness
- Experience mindfulness exercises
- Learn how to use mindfulness in your current practice
- Discover ways in which to incorporate mindfulness into self-care
Parking: Ample parking in parking lot; closest to the Senior Center
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.