From: April 6, 2017 at 9:00am to: 12:00pm
Trainer(s): Kate L. Stewart, MA
Details: Sex is an important part of many of our client’s lives, but many therapists feel uncomfortable addressing the topic. This class will cover research on why it is important to talk to your clients about sex, when it is most important or helpful to ask about sexuality in therapy, how to start the conversation, and what to ask.
- Interpret research about client's desire to talk about sex with their medical providers.
- Compose a list of relevant information to ask about client's sexuality or sex life.
- Describe five conversation starters or points in the therapeutic process to ask about sex.
- Practice incorporating questions or discussions about sex into therapy.
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.