From: May 1, 2017 at 9:00am to: 12:00pm
Trainer(s): Kimberly Hardy, LMHC
Creating a life worth living is the tagline often heard when talking about Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). Although DBT is an evidence based practice, there is stigma and mystery around the therapy itself. This training will challenge the participant’s understanding of DBT and expand their ability to incorporate principles of DBT into their already existing practice.
Clinical Case Examples will be used to illustrate assessment and clinical intervention strategies and audience participation in Role-Playing and Open Discussions will be encouraged throughout the presentation.
Training for Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals: This workshop is open to professionals with mental and behavioral health-related graduate degrees (e.g., MSW, MA, MS, MSN), physicians, dentists, and psychologists (e.g., AMA, ADA, APA), and social service providers. Graduate students in an accredited mental or behavioral health program may also participate in this training.
Objectives: Through lecture, videos, and in-workshop practice:
- Participants will acquire a basic understanding of DBT and its relationship to other therapeutic practices.
- Participants will discover the difference between comprehensive DBT and DBT ‘informed’ care.
- Participants will learn which populations can benefit from DBT.
- Participants will learn core components of skills group and ideas in which to incorporate these components into current practice.
- Participants will use a case study to learn the DBT hierarchy of treatment.
- Participants will understand common strategies used in individual sessions.
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.