Location: North City Water District
1519 NE 177th St
Shoreline, WA 98155
map | directions
From: August 19, 2016 at 1:00pm to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Eric Ström, JD, MA. LMHC
Details: For many clinicians, client lethality and mandatory reporting are some of the most difficult aspects of working in the mental health profession. In this workshop we will examine the applicable Washington State and Federal laws regarding mandatory reporting obligations. We will also discuss the boundaries and standards of clinician liability for client harm to self or others (the Tarasoff rule). Participants will gain increased ability to implement strategies to minimize risk and to limit liability to best support their veteran clients. This course is intended to meet ethics CEU requirements.
Training for Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals: This workshop is open to professionals with mental and behavioral health-related graduate degrees (e.g., MSW, MA, MS, MSN), physicians, dentists, and psychologists (e.g., AMA, ADA, APA), and those professionals who are qualified for membership in, or are members of their respective professional organizations. Graduate students in an accredited mental or behavioral health program may also participate in this training.
- Understand the Washington state legal standards regarding duty to warn/duty to protect
- Understand the legal and ethical standards regarding mandatory reporting obligations
- Explore strategies to minimize clinician liability for client harm to self and others
Parking: Parking available in lot and on the street.
- Leena’s Café – 17732 15th Ave NE, Shoreline, WA 98155
- Easy Monkey Taphouse – 17537 15th Ave NE, Shoreline, WA 98155
- Ichi Bento – 17203 15th Ave NE, Shoreline, WA 98155
- Suni’s Pizza – 17751 15th Ave NE, Shoreline, WA 98155
- McDonald’s – 20227 Ballinger Way NE, Shoreline, WA 98155
- Safeway – 17202 15th Ave NE, Shoreline, WA 98155
- Peking House – 17505 15th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98155
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.