From: September 2, 2016 at 1:00pm to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Eric Ström, JD, MA. LMHC
Details: The clinical standard of care requires that mental health professionals possess multicultural competency. In this workshop we will discuss the ethical standards of multicultural competency. We will also examine the applicable Washington State and Federal laws regarding multicultural competency and non-discrimination. Particular focus will be on Veterans as a culturally identified group. Participants will gain increased ability to implement strategies to incorporate multicultural competency into clinical work to best support their veteran clients. This course is intended to meet ethics CEU requirements.
Training for Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals: This workshop is open to professionals with mental and behavioral health-related graduate degrees (e.g., MSW, MA, MS, MSN), physicians, dentists, and psychologists (e.g., AMA, ADA, APA), and those professionals who are qualified for membership in, or are members of their respective professional organizations. Graduate students in an accredited mental or behavioral health program may also participate in this training.
- Explore the professional ethical standards regarding multicultural competency
- Understand Washington State and Federal law regarding multicultural competency and non-discrimination
- Explore strategies to implement multicultural competency into clinical practice
- Identify how multicultural competency impacts clinical work with Veterans
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.