From: March 16, 2018 at 1:00pm to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Eric Ström, JD, MA. LMHC
Details: In this workshop we will address the legal and ethical implications of online communication and social media use by mental health professionals. We will identify and discuss the evolving standards found in state law and in the professional codes of ethics. Participants will gain the ability to identify and implement a legally and ethically sound approach to online communications and social media use – with particular application to work with veterans. This course is intended to meet Law and Ethics CE requirements.
After taking part in this training, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the legal and ethical standards regarding clinicians’ use of social media
- Describe the legal and ethical standards regarding clinicians’ use of online communication
- Explain the connection between professional advertising and protection of client confidentiality
- Create strategies for effective and ethical online communication and social media use
- Apply legal and ethical standards regarding online communications to clinical work with veterans
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.
The Veterans Training Support Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. VTSC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.