From: October 27, 2017 at 9:00am to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Ann Marie Roepke, PhD
How can we best assist our clients in not only overcoming their symptoms and problems, but also in crafting rewarding, meaningful lives? Positive psychology, the scientific study of human flourishing, offers helpful tools for this endeavor. In this 6-hour training participants will explore foundational concepts from the field of positive psychology including flow, positive emotion, grit, capitalization, and meaning in life. With this foundation in place, we will then learn about effective positive psychology intervention practices, evaluating their evidence base and learning how to use relevant exercises in clinical practice. Participants will take part in experiential activities designed to give them a rich understanding of the use and impact of positive psychology intervention techniques.
This training is intended for: practitioners who provide direct services, primarily in the fields of psychology, social work, marriage & family therapy, counseling, coaching, and allied fields. Case managers, physicians, nurses, other medical professionals, & educators may also be interested in this seminar.
Objectives: At the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast different approaches to achieving “the good life”
- Describe the evidence base for positive psychology interventions
- Facilitate multiple brief positive psychology interventions
- Generate ideas for how to integrate positive psychology approaches with other interventions they already use
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.