From: July 28, 2017 at 9:00am to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Matthew Jakupcak, Ph.D.
During the morning session, Dr. Jakupcak will review the construct of Moral Injury and compare and contrast Moral Injury and PTSD. He will also review the existing research literature specific to Moral Injury and will describe a number of emerging, evidence-based treatment strategies to address Moral Injury. During the afternoon session, Dr. Jakupcak and audience members will discuss the therapeutic guide book, “Adaptive Disclosure: A New Treatment for Military Trauma, Loss, and Moral Injury” by Litz et al., 2016. Adaptive Disclosure is a specific evidence based treatment that combines cognitive behavioral and emotion-focused therapy strategies to address combat related grief and moral injury. As part of the afternoon workshop, participants will be invited to role play specific aspects of Adaptive Disclosure, as well as discuss their own challenges and successes addressing moral injury with their clients. Finally, Dr. Jakupcak will facilitate a discussion of the impact on therapists that may arise when addressing moral injury in clients.
At the time of training, participants will receive the text “Adaptive Disclosure” (Litz et al., 2017). Clinical Case Examples will be used to illustrate assessment and clinical intervention strategies and audience participation in Role-Playing and Open Discussions will be encouraged throughout the presentation.
- Attendees will be able describe Moral Injury and differentiate features of Moral Injury from PTSD
- Attendees will be able to describe emerging evidence-based intervention strategies designed to address Moral Injury
- Attendees will be able to demonstrate how to apply Adaptive Disclosure strategies to treat clients with trauma-related morale injury; and
- To reflect on the impact of addressing Moral Injury on themselves and their practice.
Cost: $38 for workshop materials
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.