From: August 31, 2017 at 9:00am to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Scott Michael, Ph.D.
Most treatment protocols for emotional disorders are designed to be specific to a single diagnosis and yet many people who present to therapy experience a combination of mood and anxiety disorders. Within the Veteran population, there are high levels of comorbid mood and anxiety disorders. At the vanguard of treatment approaches, transdiagnostic treatments identify the commonalities among disorders and present a therapeutic approach tailored to the Veteran rather than one single disorder s/he presents to treatment with. The Unified Protocol brings together the most effective Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy strategies into one protocol to tailor to the Veterans you treat.
Training for Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals: This workshop is open to professionals with mental and behavioral health-related graduate degrees. Students in a mental or behavioral health program may also participate in this training.
- Participants will be able to explain the theory underlying the unified protocol
- Participants will be able to discuss 3 treatment strategies presented for addressing mood and anxiety disorders
- Participants will be able to conceptualize how to best utilize this treatment to aid the Veterans they treat
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.