From: July 7, 2017 at 1:00pm to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Eric Ström, JD, MA. LMHC
Details: Building on the information provided in Part 1, this workshop we will review the Washington State and Federal legal standards regarding legal use of cannabis. We will then discuss legal and ethical issues relating to the use of cannabis by clients. Participants will gain increased understanding of the current laws regarding cannabis use to best support their veteran clients. This course is intended to meet ethics CEU requirements for mental & behavioral health providers.
- Review Federal and Washington State cannabis laws
- Gain an understanding of medical marijuana and clinical scope of practice
- Recognize the potential impacts use of legal marijuana may have on clients
- Gain awareness of cross-jurisdictional issues relating to legal use of marijuana.
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.