From: May 18, 2017 at 9:00am to: 4:00pm
Trainer(s): Scott Michael, Ph.D.
This training will help the clinician learn how to use Cognitive Processing Therapy to help Veterans learn how to mediate the effects of thoughts on their lives. Advanced Considerations are examined in this workshop.
This advanced training is a follow-up to the training in Cognitive Therapy offered on April 27. For the advanced training, it is not required, but highly recommended, that you receive the training on April 27.
Training for Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals: This workshop is open to professionals with mental and behavioral health-related graduate degrees (e.g., MSW, MA, MS, MSN), physicians, dentists, and psychologists (e.g., AMA, ADA, APA), and social service providers. Graduate students in an accredited mental or behavioral health program may also participate in this training.
- Learn to better treat common patterns of Veteran PTSD-related thoughts
- Use and modify cognitive therapy techniques to mediate PTSD-related thoughts
- Refine approaches to effective facilitation of alternative thinking strategies for Veteran patients
Parking: Ample on-street parking is available at or near the 2100 Building
- Fare Start @ 2100 Café – near the entrance to the 2100 Building
- Borracchini’s Bakery – 2307 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Burger King – 2021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- McDonald’s – 2336 25th Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Wendy’s – 2543 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- QFC – 2711 Rainier Ave South, Seattle 98144
- Toshio’s Teriyaki – 1706 Rainier Ave S., Seattle 98144
Free CEUs & Clock Hours: Workshop certificate documents hours of instruction toward Continuing Education Units. Clock-hour forms are available free upon completion of the workshop.